The scenic twin islands of St Kitts and Nevis are home to breathtaking beaches and cloud-shrouding mountains, being volcanic islands. Both are exploration marvels with St Kitts’s tropical forests, salt lakes, and Nevis’s sandy beaches.
St Kitts and Nevis’s economic system primarily revolves around tourism, manufacturing, and agriculture. St Kitts and Nevis are also renowned for their international pro-business policies. In 1984, it introduced the first-ever citizenship by investment program. For decades, this popular program has offered esteemed foreign investors the exceptional opportunity to obtain citizenship in St Kitts and Nevis following a qualifying investment. It remains the most trusted and successful program of its kind.
Options of Investment
Investors seeking to invest in St Kitts and Nevis for citizenship have three choices. You can contribute to the Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF) starting at USD 150,000 for a single application or acquire government-approved real estate with investment starting at USD 200,000.
There is a third option, the Alternative Investment Option (AIO), which permits you to work as a Public Good Project Developer (PGPD) or a Private Enterprise Developer (PED). The government must authorize the projects.
The State owns the asset till the expiration of the predecided deadline in the PGPD option, and the developer enjoys good ROI. This strategy requires a minimum investment of USD 175,000. The asset is privately held in the PED option, and the minimum investment needed is USD 200,000.
The primary applicant must be above 18 and meet the application requirements for the SGF, real estate, or AIO investment options mentioned above.
You must have good health without criminal records and pass due diligence checks for a successful application. You will have to clear a credit review to confirm ownership of your funds; you can’t borrow them.
Applicants can include their spouse, parents, children (below 31), grandparents (55 or above), and unmarried dependent siblings (below 31) without a child.
Here is a list of documents you will require while preparing and submitting your application:
- Certified passport copy
- Certified ID card copy
- Medical certificates
- Original/certified birth certificate copy (where applicable)
- Original/certified marriage certificate copy (where applicable)
- Original clearance certificate by the police
- Statement of the source of funds
- Photograph and signature certificates
- Six passport-size photographs
- Affidavit of support for dependents
- Certified military records copies or exemption from military service copy (if applicable)
- Address proof of residence
- Original reference letter from bank (not older than six months)
- Certified name change proof copy (if applicable)
- Original professional reference letter (not older than six months)
- Limited power of attorney
- Recent bank statements
- Certified business license copy or incorporation documents (where applicable)
- Real estate sales and purchase agreement
- Payment proof of non-refundable processing and due diligence fees
- Official transcripts of written confirmation from a recognized education center (for dependents above 18)
Steps in Applying for St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment
The first month of the application process involves three steps:
- After choosing your options from the SGF, real estate, or AIO options mentioned above, you sign the Huriya Private contract and pay the initial retainer.
- Huriya Private assists you in preparing and collecting documentation and filling the various government application forms for submission to St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU)
- You make a second payment for your papers to be submitted.
Months two to four will observe the subsequent two steps:
- You will receive your approval letter from the CIU and make a third payment
- You will collect the receipt of your naturalization certificate
Month five is for the sixth and final step:
- The CIU will return your passport(s) to Huriya Private. It may be collected from our office or delivered to your home address (local or international) per your preference.
Passport holders from St Kitts and Nevis can access 157 countries — 126 without a visa, 29 with visa-on-arrival, and two through electronic travel authorization (eTA). St Kitts and Nevis passport has a 10-year validity term and ranks 27th on visaindex.com and 24th on passportindex.org in 2022.
Contact Huriya Private today to discover more about St Kitts and Nevis’s second citizenship program and how to begin the application process for a second passport.