I have over thirty five years of experience in law, business, real estate, government and politics. I have settled in the Palm Springs area because I love the weather, the people and the lifestyle. I’ve given up wearing ties except when I am in court or at a speaking engagement! I practice estate planning law, and bankruptcy for the most part, but I have also worked with a number of clients regarding probate matters and trust litigation. The unfortunate reality is that most people do not have a living trust set up, and when they pass away their estate must go through the long and expensive probate process by law.
I graduated from the University of Virginia in 1972 and then went to law school at Washington University in St. Louis. After graduating in 1975, I became involved in politics and went to work for Jimmy Carter’s presidential campaign. I followed him to Washington, DC, and worked as a trial attorney at the United States Department of Justice and then became Deputy Director of the 1980 White House Conference on Small Business. When my career in government came to an abrupt end (As a friend said “The people have spoken – the bastards!”), I went to work for The Residence Inn Company and helped build that company up until it was purchased my Marriott.
On a professional now, I am a member of the bar in California, Wisconsin and Missouri (inactive). I am a member of the Inland Empire Bankruptcy Forum, the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, and graduate of the American Bankers Association Graduate Trust and Fiduciary Tax School. I have also received the 2012 Client Satisfaction Award from AVVO.
- Law Office Affiliations Law Office of Robert L. Firth
- Experience / Tranining I have over thirty five years of experience in law, business, real estate, government and politics.
- Education JD - Washington University School of Law; 1975. BS - University of Virginia; 1972
- Practise Area Estate Planning, Living Trusts & Wills, Durable Power of Attorney, Advanced Health Care Directives, Bankruptcy, Credit Repair, Business Transactions, Wealth Management, Asset Protection, Probate
- Bar Exam State Bar of California, 2004
- Asset Protection
- Business Commercial
- Creditors Rights
- Estate Planning
- Estate Planning and Administration
- Estate Settlement
- Real Estate
- Trust and Estate Litigation
- Trust and Estate Planning
- Wills Estates